pumpkin pie spice
eggs, slightly beaten
softened cream cheese
6 tablespoons softened butter or 6 tablespoons
- Grease a jelly roll pan or a cookie sheet with four sides.
- Line with waxed paper, then grease and flour the wax paper.
- Sift 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and nutmeg onto some waxed paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar until thick.
- Add dry ingredients and stir in canned pumpkin.
- Pour into pan and and spread to all edges.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until middle springs back when touched.
- Invert onto a damp towel that has been sprinkled with powder sugar.
- (I use a flour sack type towel, it works best) Carefully remove Waxed paper.
- Trim the edges off, then roll up in the towel and place on a rack to cool.
- Mix softened cream cheese, Powdered sugar, butter or margarine
- ,vanilla, pecans and *Golden Rasins (*Optional)
- When cake is cool carefully unroll and spread filling almost all the way to the edge.
- Using your towel to help, roll the roll back up, (it will be moist so as I'm rolling I sprinkle with more powder sugar, this will keep it from sticking to your fingers).
- Once rolled up, wrap in plastic wrap and refridgerate.
- When ready to serve remove wrap and slice and serve with a sprinkle of Powdered Sugar.
- Great for the holidays.