( center cut rib, 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick, about 4 pounds)
toasted bread, cubes
( or cubed, dry stuffing mix)
chopped unpeeled tart apple
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
( about 1/2 cup when shredded)
light golden raisins
( or apple cider or dry white wine)
59.14 ml orange juice or 59.14 ml apple cider or 59.14 ml
white wine, for basting
( of your choice)
- sometimes I omit the cheese and add 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Cut a 2 to 3 inch pocket into each chop (to the bone), along the fat side.
- Salt and pepper the pocket of each chop.
- In a bowl, toss together bread cubes, apple, cheese (or pecans) and raisins.
- Combine melted butter, orange juice, salt and cinnamon, stir to mix well.
- Pour liquid mixture over bread mixture, tossing gently to moisten stuffing.
- Lightly stuff the pockets in the chops.
- If necessary secure stuffed pockets with a toothpick, to keep the pocket partially closed.
- Brush both sides of chops with liquid (orange juice, apple cider or white wine).
- Place chops in a shallow baking/roasting pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hours, brush chops with liquid twice during baking.
- Cover pan lightly with foil, and bake for 15 minutes longer.