sugar-free cherry gelatin
ice cold water
heavy whipping cream
- Make the gelatin according to package directions: add boiling water to gelatin and mix until completely dissolved.
- Add the cold water and almond extract.
- Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Whip the cream till stiff.
- Be careful not to overbeat (it becomes whipped butter. Instead you want gentle peaks).
- Add the whipping cream to the gelatin.
- For a stiffer, jello-like consistency simply mix with a spoon.
- For a flufflier consistency more like light mousse, use an electric mixer and mix the cream with the jello until frothy.
- Chill until set.