boneless skinless chicken thighs
chopped green pepper
vigo brand yellow rice
( should be Vigo)
1 1/2 cups
frozen baby peas
chopped pimiento, drained
- Season chicken thighs with Adobo and pepper.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid.
- Saute the chicken in oil until lightly brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken, add the onion and green peppers and saute until tender.
- Add the rice to the onion mix and stir well, mixing in the seasoning thoroughly.
- Add the chicken broth and water.
- Nestle the chicken pieces in the rice mix to partially cover the chicken.
- Cover the skillet tightly, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the peas and pimientos and stir in gently.
- Cover, and simmer 5 minutes more.
- The rice should be tender and the liquid mostly absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and let stand 5 minutes.