onions, thinly sliced and separated
( or more if you really like garlic)
hot pepper sauce
hoagie rolls, split
- Place oil in large frying pan and heat.
- Add all ingredients except brats and rolls.
- Saute over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until onions are soft and carmelized.
- While onions are sauteing, bring water to boil and add bratwurst.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until bratwurst is firm and cooked.
- Can be eaten as is or broil or grill brats until browned.
- Pile on onions.