1 1/2 cups
6 1/2 cups
- Cut oranges and lemon into quarters, and remove seeds.
- Grind the fruit, chop fine, or cut crosswise into wafer-thin slices.
- Add water and soda.
- Bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cranberries and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Measure 5 cups fruit into very large saucepan.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Put over high heat, bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and at once stir in pectin.
- Skim off foam with metal spoon.
- Then stir and skim for 7 minutes to cool slightly and to prevent floating fruit.
- Ladle into hot sterlized jars, and seal.
- Makes about eight 1/2- pint jars.