2 lbs beef or 2 lbs
chicken fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
garlic cloves, minced
onion, chopped, divided
dry white wine
cultivated white mushroom, sliced
2 -3 tablespoons
1 1/2 tablespoons
mild mustard, i would use dijon
- Put the meat/chicken into a bowl with garlic, half the onion, salt, nutmeg, oregano and wine.
- Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil and saute the remaining onion and mushrooms for a few minutes or until softened.
- Add the meat/chicken and marinade to the pan and cook.
- Add the ketchup and mustard.
- If it looks a bit dry, add a few tablespoons of water and cook a little longer.
- When the meat is cooked, add the sour cream and reheat gently-DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
- *This should be cooked quickly so the meat doesn't toughen.