2 (820 g) can
( peeled & grated)
chopped preserved gingerroot
- Mix tomatoes, apple and ginger in a large microwave-proof dish.
- Microwave uncovered at 100% power for 15 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and caster sugar and microwave at 100% for a further 40 minutes, or until jam starts setting, stirring every 10 minutes.
- The time the jam takes to set depends on the wattage of your microwave.
- It might be a good idea to spoon a bit onto a cold plate after 25 minutes, and see if it sets.
- When done, spoon the hot jam into sterilized jars and seal immediately.