1 1/2 lbs
( a mixture of 1 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound ground pork will work well also)
egg, slightly beaten
grated parmesan cheese
( or use enough to hold the meat together (no dry breadcrumbs? just soak 3 slices of bread in the 1/3 )
1 -2 tablespoon
fresh minced garlic
( or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste)
1 -2 teaspoon
( or to taste, I use 2 teaspoons seasoned salt)
fresh ground black pepper
( can use up to 1/2 cup milk)
( optional, or to taste)
chopped fresh parsley
( or 2 tablespoons dried parsley)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape into small meatballs (at this point you can place on a jelly-roll/baking sheet and freeze to use later, or cover with plastic wrap refrigerate up to 24 hours before using).
- Drop the meatballs into simmering pasta sauce, do not stir for at least 20 minutes or you will risk breaking the meatballs.
- Continue cooking in the simmering sauce for another 20 minutes (depending on how fast your sauce is simmering 40 minutes total should fully cook the meatballs).
- After the 40 minutes cooking time continue cooking your sauce with the meatballs in for as long as desired.
- **note** you may also bake the meatballs at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cooked through.