boneless beef chuck roast
2 -3 tablespoons
garlic cloves, crushed
cayenne (optional) or
crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
- Add the beer to the crock pot, turn the control to high.
- Cut the beef into cubes, coat with the flour and brown in half of the butter, you might have to do this in batches.
- Transfer the browned beef to the crock pot.
- Using the rest of the butter brown the onions, add garlic, tomato puree and cayenne if using.
- Add to the crock pot together with the bay leaves and salt and pepper.
- Now turn the crock pot to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours, until the beef is tender.
- If you want to thicken the sauce add about 2 tablespoons of flour made into a paste, about 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, stir that in, you will have to turn the crock pot on high for this.