butter, for greasing baking dish
1 (10 ounce) packages
frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- There are two ways to make this: in a glass baking dish or tripling the recipe and baking it in a loaf pan.
- It takes longer to cook in the loaf pan, but you end up with a whole loaf of bread that you can slice and freeze.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter an 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix together spinach, eggs, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until mixture has set.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into 4 squares.
- Use a spatula to remove squares from pan.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- To make a whole loaf of this bread, triple the ingredients and pour into a well buttered loaf pan.
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350°F.