4 -5 cups
jiffy cake mix
fast rising yeast
1 (3 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cake mix, yeast, salt, and warm water; mix until smooth.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (6-8 minutes).
- Roll dough into a 9 X 18-inch rectangle.
- Spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough jelly-roll style, starting with the long end.
- Slice the roll into 1-inch circles with a piece of dental floss or heavy thread placed under roll.
- Bring ends of floss up and crisscross at top of roll and pull strings in opposite directions.
- Place rolls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise on a warm place until doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.