( 1 3/4 sticks)
( about 1/2 bag)
( mixture Number Two)
( about 3/4 bag)
- Grease a deep 22cm (standard) round cake pan and line base with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, syrup and milk in a medium pan.
- Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and sugar dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in sifted flour, baking powder, and eggs, pour into prepared pan and cook in a moderately slow oven (300 degrees) for 45-50 minutes.
- To make ganache, combine chocolate and cream in medium pan; stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stand until a spreadable consistency.
- Spread ganache over top of cake and serve.