round steak, cut half and pounded
additional salt and pepper
- On a plate, mix bread crumbs with salt and pepper.
- Dip steak in beaten egg, then bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet and add meat.
- Brown over low heat until done.
- Place on warm platter and keep hot.
- Make a gravy by adding flour to pan drippings.
- Stir over mediun heat until light brown.
- With a whisk, stirring constantly, stir in milk until desired thickness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can return steak to pan and simmer or you can spoon the gravy over the steak when served.