1 -1 1/3 lb
tilapia fillet, about 1/2 inch thick
salt and pepper
garlic, minced or pressed
dry white wine
green onions, chopped
- Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Put the flour on a plate and season it with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fillets in the flour, patting to remove excess.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, wine, lime juice and butter, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 10 to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the fillets without overlapping (you may need to cook in 2 batches).
- Cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the fillets over and cook until opaque through the thickest part, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the fish to a platter and keep warm (cover with foil or place in a 200 degree oven).
- Add the wine mixture to pan and boil, scraping up cooked bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the onions and heat on low about 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and serve.