red onion, diced
green capsicum, diced
1 (16 ounce) cans
1 1/4 cups arborio rice or 1 1/4 cups
3 1/2 cups
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pot.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt & pepper and brown in batches.
- Remove from pot.
- Add the remaining oil to the pot & gently saute the onion & capsicum until the onion is transparent.
- Stir in the paprika and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer gently until it has thickened.
- Stir in the water, then add the rice and the tumeric.
- Return the chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender and almost falling off the bone.