salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place 1 tablespoon oil on the bottom of glass pan.
- Thoroughly clean chicken, removing all excess from cavity.
- Put 1 tablespoon oil on a paper towel and lightly rub the chicken down with oil Salt and pepper the skin.
- Insert 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and some chopped onion into cavity.
- Place the chicken on it's back and insert one tablespoon of butter between the skin and the breast, for each breast.
- (You have to kind of pull the skin a little to get the butter underneath it. This is what causes the chicken to be so tender and juicy.) Cook for approx 2 hours, basting every 30 minutes if possible.