extra virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, minced
lemon, zest of
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Position a rack in the upper third of an oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Snap off the tough stem ends from the asparagus spears and arrange the spears on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest.
- Brush the asparagus evenly with the oil, turning the spears to coat well, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lemon wedges around the asparagus.
- Bake until the asparagus is tender and just turning golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus to a warmed serving platter and drizzle with the pan juices.