Splenda sugar substitute
( I used fat free)
( or other flavoring)
- Whisk all ingredients together (except vanilla) to dissolve cornstarch.
- Put into a saucepan over med-high heat, stirring constantly.
- When it starts to bubble over itself, remove from heat, continuing to stir and add vanilla to taste preference.
- Add more water (a little at a time) if too thick (It should be thick enough to stay in the puffs, yet thin enough to pipe inside them).
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours, stir, and check consistency.
- If still too thick (it will thicken when cooled), add more water and stir again.
- repeat, if necessary.
- Put in old-fashioned ketchup/mustard squeeze bottles and pipe chilled mixture inside puffs.