garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons
hot red pepper flakes
1 (28 ounce) cans
kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
mussels, cleaned and debearded
- heat oil in a 12 inch skillet.
- add garlic and red pepper flakes, stir.
- add tomatoes, paste, oregano, basil, capers, olives, and wine, breaking up tomatoes simmer about 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- meanwhile cook the linguine and drain.
- raise the heat of the sauce to medium, add the mussels, and cover.
- cook 3-6 minutes more until mussels open.
- discard any that don't open.
- serve sauce over linguine.