pork chops, 1 inch thick
( I use Granny Smith for this)
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place meat in a plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix apple and lemon juices, sage, brown sugar and onion and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over meat.
- Close bag tightly and turn to coat chops well.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove chops from marinade and drain well.
- Place marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and continue to boil for one full minute.
- Grill chops over hot coals for 20 minutes, turning and basting with marinade occasionally.
- Core apples but do not peel.
- Cut into thick rings.
- Brush apples with marinade and place on grill around pork.
- Continue grilling pork and apples until pork is done as desired and apples are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.