( PLEASE don't use garlic powder or garlic salt!)
( yes, THREE teaspoons)
chicken wings, wing tips removed
extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl whisk together the first 9 ingredients (ketchup through chili powder).
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- Turn the bag to distribute the marinade.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the wings from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Lightly brush or spray the wings with olive oil.
- Sear over direct, medium heat on the grill until well marked, 4-6 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time.
- Continue grilling over INDIRECT medium heat until the meat is no longer pink near the bone, 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with napkins.