1 1/2 cups
whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 3/4 cups
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
mashed ripe banana
( About 2 lg.)
- Combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, egg, honey, mashed banana, and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spray a large skillet or electric griddle with nonstick spray, or brush with butter.
- Heat over medium heat.
- For each pancake, drop 1/2 cup batter onto skillet, spreading it out to make a 4-inch circle.
- Cook until it is lightly browned underneath and bubbles are starting to pop on top. (Check often, as the sugar in these may cause them to burn more quickly; adjust the heat as needed.).
- Turn over and cook other side until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftover pancakes can be frozen and reheated in the microwave for quick weekday breakfasts.