FOR THE DRESSING
bacon, trimmed of fat and cut into thirds
good quality whole egg mayonnaise
( like Thomay)
FOR THE SALAD
baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- FOR THE DRESSING.
- Cook the bacon in a non stick pan over a high heat for about 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Place the bacon, mayonnaise and water in a food processor and process until the bacon is finely chopped.
- FOR THE SALAD.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes.
- Rinse the eggs under cold water, peel and cut into wedges.
- In the pan you used to cook the bacon, cook the pinenuts over a medium/high heat for 1-2 minutes until toasted- beware they burn easily.
- TO SERVE.
- Place the spinach on a serving plate, scatter with the pine nuts and egg wedges.
- Drizzle with the dressing.