118.29 ml excellent-quality mediterranean savory or 118.29 ml
- Grind the savory, sumac, salt and sesame seed in a spice grinder or clean coffee grinder until you obtain a fine powder.
- Keep in a sealed jar in a cool, dark and dry place.
- To use: mix 1-2 tblsps of zaatar with 1-2 tblsps extra-virgin olive oil and spread on warm, toasted bread.
- Top with freshly-ground black pepper.
- You can also top pita breads with the zaatar and olive oil mixture and bake in the oven to make pita crisps.
- Zaatar will begin to lose its flavour after 2 months.