finely chopped pineapple
blue curacao, to taste
good quality vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine fruit, sugar and curacao.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for approximately five minutes.
- Strain into a bowl, reserving pineapple solids.
- Temper ice cream in the refrigerator until slightly softened.
- Add pineapple and stir to combine completely.
- Return to freezer for two hours; stir again.
- Freeze until completely firm.
- Ice cream will keep approximately one week.