1 1/4 teaspoons
fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole.
- Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- (The carrots will shrink while cooking so make the slices big.) Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a sheet pan in 1 layer and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Toss the carrots with minced dill or parsley, season to taste, and serve.