graham cracker crumbs
blanched slivered almond
clarified butter, still liquid
4 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
2 pints raspberries or 2 pints
- Make crust: In processor, blend crumbs and almonds until almonds are ground fine.
- Add butter and combine well.
- Press into bottom and 2/3s up sides of 10 inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Make filling: Melt chocolate; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat in whole eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the flour and the vanilla and add the melted chocolate in a slow stream, beating, until the filling is combined well.
- Scatter raspberries over bottom of crust, pour filling over, and bake cheesecake for 1 hour, or until top is firm to the touch. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in closed oven for a further 1/2 an hour.
- Let the cheesecake cool and then chill it, covered loosely, overnight.