( skin and split in half, lengthwise)
( I always use Hungarian paprika if possible for best flavor)
2 -3 tablespoons
instant chicken bouillon
pumpkin pie spice
- Wash pheasant and pat dry.
- Sprinkle on both sides with paprika.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet and cook pheasant on both sides till browned.
- Add more butter if needed.
- Mix water and bouillon and pour over pheasant.
- Lower heat and cover and simmer for thirty minutes until tender.
- Add water if needed and turn meat several times.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Let liquid on pheasant cook away and then baste orange sauce over the meat.
- Simmer uncovered and baste frequently for 10-15 minutes.
- Serves 2. Great served with rice.