4 -5 chopped basil leaves or 1 1/2 teaspoons
1 -1 1/2 teaspoon
salt and pepper
thinly sliced onion
bell pepper, red or green
1 1/2 lbs
red potatoes, sliced thin
- In small mixing bowl, beat eggs, parmesan, basil and oregano.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper to your taste, set aside.
- Cook asparagus and carrots in boiling water until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Dice and set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat 3 TBS olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, cover and cook on low til limp, about 10 miuntes.
- Remove lid, turn to medium and add garlic.
- Cook and stir until golden in color, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and stir until tender about 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon and mix with carrots and asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine in 12 inch skillet, preferably cast iron and MUST BE OVERPROOF, 2 TBS olive oil and 3 TBS butter.
- Heat over medium heat til hot.
- Add sliced potatoes in layers, overlapping if necessary.
- Reduce to medium low and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are golden on the bottom at least 15-20 minutes-- PATIENCE.
- Carefully turn potatoes in the pan until the browned one are on top adding the remaining butter.
- Cook for about 5-8 more minutes over medium heat tll the bottom is golden also.
- Spread Ricotta cheese over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the onion-asparagus-carrot mixture over the ricotta.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes over the other veggies.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Place skillet in oven and bake about 15 minutes until eggs are set.
- Carefully invert frittata on large platter.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.