2 (14.17 g) package
active dry yeast
118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml
finely chopped muenster cheese
( 1 lb.)
egg white, beaten
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in milk.
- Add butter, sugar, salt& 2 c.
- flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and yolk; stir in cheese.
- Punch down dough; roll into a 14-16" circle.
- Place in a greased 9" round cake pan, letting dough drape over the edges of the pan.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the center of the dough.
- Gather dough up over filling in 1 1/2" pleats.
- Gently squeeze pleats together at the top and twist to make a top knot.
- Allow to rise 10-15 minutes.
- Brush loaf with egg white.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.