short rib of beef
ground cayenne pepper
1/4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup
grated fresh ginger
- Place flour, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a plastic bag.
- Dredge ribs in flour mixture.
- Brown ribs in oil in a large skillet.
- Place ribs in the bottom of a crock pot and place chopped onion and chopped carrot around the ribs.
- Mix together soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, ginger, and five-spice powder in a bowl.
- Pour liquid into crock pot over meat, cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Discard cooking liquid and vegetables.
- Serve meat with rice.