( skim, 2% or whole)
( or 10 tbs flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/3 tsp salt)
shredded coconut, canned,frozen,or fresh
( about 2 3/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter together until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add milk, buttermilk, and lemon extract and beat until blended.
- Add flour and coconut and beat just until well mixed.
- Pour batter into two regular 9-inch pie pans or one deep dish 9-5/8-inch pie pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until crust forms on top, and pie is set in center and lightly browned on top.
- Cool and cut into slices.
- Serve at room temperature.