3 (1 1/4 lb) live maine lobsters or 1 lb crabmeat or 1 lb
shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 1/2 cups
garlic, peeled and minced
peeled seeded and diced tomatoes
green onion, 1/2 inch sliced
chopped fresh parsley
seafood seasoning, to taste
grated parmesan cheese
- Steam lobsters in one inch of water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pot and cool.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Pick meat out of the shells and dice in large pieces.
- Carefully extract claw meat and leave whole.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Do not allow to brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook water out of them, remove and reserve.
- Add wine and reduce by one-half.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add reserved lobster broth and reduce by one-forth.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat and add reserved lobster (except for claw meat) and mushrooms, yogurt, scallions, parsley and seafood seasoning to taste.
- Add Parmesan cheese to thicken.
- Toss half of sauce with cooked linguine.
- Arrange on plate; pour remaining half of sauce over each serving.
- Top each serving with the whole claw meat.
- to substitute other seafood- substitute shrimp or vegetable broth for lobster broth.