1 cup uncooked basmati rice or 1 cup jasmine rice or 1 cup
long grain rice
1 (14 ounce) cans
crushed red pepper flakes
finely chopped fresh ginger
finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, excpet the crystalized ginger and sliced almonds.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring until mixture comes to a low boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 18 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- The cover, and let sit for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish the finished rice with the candied ginger and the sliced almonds.