4 -6 large
tart baking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thinly
( such as Granny Smith)
graham cracker squares
( 2 1/2 inches each)
brown sugar, packed
( such as Quaker old fashioned or quick oats, not instant)
1/2 cup sweet unsalted butter or 1/2 cup
whipped cream (optional) or
ice cream, garnish
- You will need a 12" round stoneware baking pan for this recipe (such as the Pampered Chef deep dish baker).
- Use enough apple slices to fill the stoneware pan 3/4s full (amount will vary depending upon your apples).
- Finely chop the graham cracker squares and mix with oats,brown sugar,flour, and spices.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Spoon this mixture over the apple slices.
- MICROWAVE method: Microwave on high 12-15 minutes or until apple are tender, turning dish after 6 minutes.
- OVEN method: Preheat oven to 350°F and bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream, as desired.
- Cool slightly and serve while still warm.