1 1/2 loaves
baked ham, sliced thinly
roast pork, sliced thinly
swiss cheese, sliced thinly
italian salami, slice thinly
dill pickle slices
- Cut Cuban bread into 6 8-inch pieces.
- Split bread lengthwise.
- Spread mustard on six halves of the bread.
- Spread mayonnaise on the other six halves of the bread.
- Layer ham, pork, Swiss cheese, and salami on the mustard halves of the bread.
- Layer pickles on top of salami; top with mayo halves of bread.
- Can be eaten cold, but tastes better "hot pressed".
- To press: Heat a counter top grill (like a George Foreman grill) and place sandwich between the plates.
- Press down hard on the sandwich, squeezing the halves together tightly.
- Grill until the bread is toasted to a light brown on the outside and the cheese is melted.
- Alternate method: Heat a heavy pan on top of the stove on medium heat.
- Place sandwich in pan and press down with another heavy object (a brick wrapped in foil is good).
- Toast sandwich until light brown on one side, then turn over.
- Replace brick on toasted side.
- Serve with potato chips and a cold soda.