chicken breasts, cut in finger-width strips and halved length-wi necessary
9 -10 ounces
spicy tortilla chips, the amount will depend on the size of the chicken breasts
( for frying)
- Put the tortilla chips in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they become coarse crumbs.
- Put them in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips in the flour, then into the egg and finally in the tortilla crumbs.
- Chill for at least half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- If you have to do it in batches keep them warm in the oven.
- Serve with a salsa or your own favorite dip.