bacon, thick sliced
minced fresh chives
cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Cool and crumble.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare muffin tin by spraying with vegetable oil spray.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small skillet.
- Remove from heat and add chives.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk using a whisk.
- Add butter/chive mixture, cheese and crumbled bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir to mix.
- Add to egg mixture, stirring only until blended thorougly.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- (An ice cream scooper is a great tool for this purpose.) Bake 20- 25 minutes, or until muffin tops just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and remove muffins from tin.
- Cool them on a wire rack.