romaine lettuce, shredded
beefsteak tomatoes, cut in half, then into thin slices
1/2 cup green peppers or 1/2 cup red peppers or 1/2 cup orange bell peppers or 1/2 cup
yellow pepper, chopped
red onion, cut in half, then sliced thin
1 (10 ounce) packages
frozen peas, cooked, and drained
1 (2 1/4 ounce) cans
black olives, sliced
2 1/2 cups
shredded cheddar cheese
bacon, fried, and crumbled
- Fill a large trifle bowl or glass bowl with shredded lettuce.
- Add a layer of tomatoes, celery, peppers, onions, peas, and black olives in layers.
- Spread mayonnaise over top, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Top with cheeses, and sprinkle bacon over the cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 hours.