whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cups Kashi Good Friends cereal or 1 3/4 cups
Kashi Golean cereal
3/4 cup skim milk or 3/4 cup rice milk or 3/4 cup
ripe banana, mashed
- Spray muffin tin cups with cooking spray and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal and milk and let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the honey and egg whites and beat well.
- Stir in apple sauce and banana.
- Add flour mixture and mix only until dry ingredients are moistened, over mixing will produce rubbery muffins.
- Fill sprayed muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.