egg yolks, beaten
sweet pickle relish
boiled minced garbanzo beans
salt and pepper
- Mix beaten eggs, water, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add this to the flour and knead well until very smooth.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll on board slightly dusted with cornstarch until very thin.
- With pork lard brush surface thoroughly.
- Start rolling tightly as jelly roll.
- Cut very fine around 2 mm.
- Set aside.
- On the same dough, pinch a portion and make as many as the ojadre (the rolled one) put the ojadre on top of the small ones, brush with melted lard, cover with banan leaf as thin as posible to a round form.
- Put 1 tbsp filling in the center, put 1 sliced of hard boiled eggs, form the empanada, as turnover, flute the edges and fry in deep hot fat until golden brown.
- To prepare filling: heat lard, add garlic, onions and ground pork.
- Cook for a while.
- Add diced potatoes and all the ingredients, cook until all ingredients are tender.
- Season to taste.
- Add 4 tbsp flour, stir very welll until all ingredients have blended.
- Let cook until ready to use.