1 1/2 cups
graham cracker crumbs
( about 24 cracker squares)
1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup
3 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
( I use Neufchatel)
1 1/2 cups
( I use light)
grated lemons, rind of
grated lemon, rind of
pineapple chunks, fresh or canned well drained
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; press in bottom of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- At low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended.
- Add sour cream and 2 tsp.
- lemon peel; blend well.
- Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 350*F.
- for 50 to 60 minutes or until center is set.
- Refrigerate for several hours or even overnight.
- In small saucepan, combine 1 tbls.
- sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually add orange juice and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in lemon juice and 1/4 tsp.
- grated lemon peel.
- Just before serving, carefully remove sides of pan.
- Arrange fruit over cheesecake.
- Spoon or brush glaze over fruit.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 16 servings.