1 (3/4 lb)
pork tenderloin, about
1/3 cup Stilton cheese or 1/3 cup blue cheese or 4 1/2 ounces
creamy goat cheese
green onions, finely chopped
fresh ground black pepper
2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce or 2 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mash cheese and mix well with onions.
- Using your hands, form cheese into a long, thin log, about 8 inches (20 cm) long and 3/4 inch (2 cm) wide.
- Place meat on a large cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, slice pork lengthwise, down the center, cutting almost but not completely through the meat.
- Spread out at flat as possible.
- Cover with a piece of plastic-wrap.
- Using a meat mallet, pound pork just until it is uniformly thick- 1/4 inch (0. 5 cm) thick.
- Sprinkle pepper over pork.
- Place cheese log on long edge of meat, then roll meat around it, jelly-roll style.
- Fasten with a few toothpicks.
- Place, toothpick-side down, on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl stir teriyaki (or soy) sauce with oil.
- Brush over pork.
- Roast, uncovered in centre of 450F (230C) oven until pork is firm when pressed; (from 20-25 minutes).
- Don't worry if a little melted cheese leaks out.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with roasted new potatoes and Balsamic Green Beans and Pancetta.