cucumber, peeled,seeded and grated
yellow onion, peeled and grated
3 -5 dashes
green food coloring
- Wrap cucumber in thin, clean dishtowel and squeeze out as much juice as possible.
- Discard juice.
- Mash cream cheese with a fork until smooth.
- Add cucumber and mix.
- Wrap grated onion in another clean dishtowel and squeeze juice INTO cream cheese, then discard grated onion.
- Mix mayonnaise and Tabasco into cream cheese mixture.
- Season with salt and add 1 drop green food coloring.
- Mix well.
- Cut crusts off very thin white or rye bread, then spread one side with cream cheese mixture, topping with another slice.
- Cut into finger sandwiches.