sfted all-purpose flour
pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a small saucepan boil a little water--about 1 cup.
- Set a samll mixing bowl over the boiling water and add the chocolate.
- Turn the heat to low and melt the chocolate.
- Remove the bowl and let it cool.
- Measure the sifted flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add chocolate, milk, and melted butter to the flour mixture.
- Mix together then beat for 1 minute with electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the cake batter and mix another 3 minutes with the mixer constantly scraping down the sides with an rubber spatula.
- pour cake batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Test cake with a toothpick.
- when the cake layers are done remove from the oven and let cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans onto a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Frost with Chocolate Fudge frosting.