( about 3 1/2 pounds of ripe grapes)
1 (1 3/4 ounce) boxes
of sure-jel pectin
- First make the grape juice using clean washed grapes.
- To 3 1/2 pounds of clean grapes add 1 1/2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Strain and squeeze out all of the juice with a jelly cloth, or whatever means you have.
- In a very big pan, put 5 cups of the juice.
- Add the fruit pectin to the juice.
- Mix well.
- On high heat, bring to a full rolling boil, and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar all at once, and bring back to a full rolling boil, again boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, skim off foam and pour into hot jars.
- If using paraffin, pour hot paraffin in on top of jelly.
- Or seal with canning lids.