2 1/2 cups
sifted all-purpose flour
freshly grated nutmeg
additional salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the eggs and milk; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Let dough rest about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a large pot of lightly salted water until boiling.
- Using a spaetzle machine Add the spaetzle and cook until done, about 4- 5 minutes.
- The dumplings will float when done.
- Drain well.
- In a saute pan heat butterand saute until butter has turned brown.
- Place the spaetzle in a serving dish and pour the butter on top.
- Season with salt and pepper; toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.