sharp cheddar cheese, grated
salt and black pepper
- Preheat Barbeque.
- Cut a slice from the top of each onion and scoop out the center to leave a fairly thick shell.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix, moistening with enough white wine to bind the ingredients together well.
- Use a spoon to fill the onions, then wrap each one in a piece of oiled foil.
- Bake in the barbeque for 30- 40 minutes, until tender, turning the parcels often so they cook evenly.
- Serve te onions garnished with chopped fresh parsley.