diagonally cut French baguettes, 1/2 inch thick
2 1/2 cups
asparagus, sliced 1 inch
( about 1 pound)
crushed red pepper flakes
fresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 lbs
peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 cup Chardonnay wine or 1 cup
other dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, bake at 400f degrees for 6 minutes or until toasted.
- While bread toasts, heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, garlic,salt, and peppers, cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine and juice, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, serve with bread slices.